The main base of the chair is pediatrics units 1 clinics Tashkent Medical Academy. The clinical bases of the department completely fit the profile of training, are part of the emergency practical health care of children.
The department has also actively used in teaching computer technology and presentation equipment . Most of the lectures and seminars prepared in electronic form using original photographs and filmed at the department of educational films. Carried out a planned gradual renewal of teaching and laboratory equipment. In the past five years has repeatedly been modernized equipment available to meet the growing challenges. Carried out the planned transfer of demonstration material with tables, overhead projectors for multimedia presentations. Available at the department equipment allows you to shoot training films for the subsequent demonstrations during class.
Particular attention is paid to the teaching of pediatrics daily control of student’s knowledge by conducting theoretical seminars, after a preliminary analysis of patients on this topic with carrying out practical skills.
A 6 th year classes are held on the subject of pediatrics.
The aim of pediatrics: familiarize students with modern methods of diagnosis, differential diagnosis, the most common diseases of children, tactics and treatment of medical care at home, in the clinic and in the hospital.
- Ability to plan a survey (by organ systems) patients.
- Ability to teach students to examination of the patient with the most common childs diseases .
- To teach the skill to interpret the results of laboratory and instrumental methods of examination.
- To teach the principles of the preliminary examination and final diagnosis and differential diagnosis.
- To acquaint the students on the etiology, pathogenesis and course , the main clinical manifestations of the most common diseases of children .
- To teach students the principles of complex pathogenetic treatment, prognosis and prevention.
- Improvement of previously obtained skills and mastery of new (list of practical skills is attached).
- Instill students with the foundations of medical ethics , the ability to communicate with patients and their relatives.
Thematic plan of lecture classes in pediatrics for students 6 courses of medical faculty.
- Cough syndrome. Features of a course of bronchopulmonary diseases at children at the present stage and algorithm of antibiotics treatment.
2 . Syndrome of bronchial obstruction. Bronchial asthma (BA) at children.
- Megalocardia syndrome. Non-rheumatic carditis. Affairs of diagnostics, differential diagnostics, treatment, rehabilitation, medical examination and prevention.
4 . Syndrome of cardiac murmur. The congenital and acquired heart diseases.
5 . Hepatomegaly syndrome. Chronic hepatitis and cirrhosis.
6 . Syndrome belly-ache. Stomach ulcer at children.
7 . Syndrome of belly-aches. Biliary dyskinesia.
8 . Syndrome of chronic diarrhea.
9 . Edematous syndrome. Glomerulonephritis at children.
10 . Articulate a syndrome at children. Juvenile chronic arthritis(JChA).
The thematic plan of the practical training on pediatrics for students 6 courses of medical faculty
- Stages of maintaining patients in a hospital. Rendering the stationary help to children. No. 155 order MPH RUz. Stages of emergency sorting. Urgent signs. Priority signs. Practical skill: Rendering the urgent help at asphyxia, shock, a coma.
- Fever. Reasons, патогенез developments. Classification (infectious and noninfectious). The diseases proceeding with this syndrome. Clinic, treatment. Fever of not clear genesis. VOP tactics. Practical skill: First aid at a hyperthermia. Integration seminar (chairs of phthisiology, infectious diseases)
- Cough and phlegm office. Types of cough, phlegm characteristic. Laboratory diagnostics. The diseases proceeding with this syndrome: ORVI, acute simple bronchitis. Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a cough syndrome. Integration seminar (phthisiology chair) phthisiology, infectious diseases)
- Cough syndrome. Pneumonia. Classification. Assessment of weight of pneumonia. Indications to hospitalization. Practical skill: Algorithm of prescription of antibiotics at pneumonia.
- Syndrome of bronchial obstruction. Sharp, recidivous and obstructive bronchitis. Sharp bronchiolitis. Respiratory distress – a syndrome. Bronchial asthma, the reasons, classification, severity, treatment on steps. Asthmatic status. Throat hypostasis. Foreign matter of respiratory ways. Practical skill: First aid at aspiration of a foreign matter. First aid at stenosing laryngotracheitis.
- Belly-ache (abdominal syndrome). Gastritises, Gastroduodenitis. Features of a current at children. Diagnostics, differential diagnostics, principles of treatment. GP tactics. Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a syndrome belly-ache. Integration seminar (chair of children’s surgery)
- Belly-ache. Stomach ulcer and 12-perstny gut, chronic enteritis, colitis, nonspecific ulcer colitis (NUC). Features of clinic, diagnostics, differential diagnostics, treatment. GP tactics. Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a syndrome belly-ache (chair of children’s surgery)
- Intestinal dysfunctions. Syndrome of chronic diarrhea. Noninfectious diarrheas. mucoviscidosis. Celiac disease. Fermentopaty. Reasons, clinic, diagnostics, principles of treatment. GP tactics. Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a syndrome intestinal dysfunctions the Integration seminar (GP, infectious diseases)
- Intestinal dysfunctions. Functional diarrheas and intestines at children. Reasons, development mechanisms. Syndrome of angry intestines. Clinic, diagnostics. GP tactics. . Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a syndrome intestinal dysfunctions
- Hepatomegaly syndrome. The diseases proceeding with this syndrome. Chronic hepatitises, classification, clinic, diagnostics. Differential diagnostics (Insufficiency of blood circulation, anemia, tumor, etc.) Treatment, prevention. Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a hepatomegaly syndrome
- Jaundice syndrome. Mechanism of an exchange of bilirubin. Cirrhosis. Biliary dyskinesia. Classification, clinic, landmark treatment. Differential diagnostics. GP tactics. Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a jaundice, hepatomegaly syndrome
- Syndrome noise in heart. Functional and organic noise. Congenital heart diseases. Classification, clinic, treatment. GP tactics. Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a syndrome noise in heart.
- Syndrome noise in heart. The acquired heart diseases. Rheumatism, features of a current at children. Indications to hospitalization. Decompensation signs. Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a syndrome noise in heart.
- Megalocardia syndrome. Non rheumatic carditis. Infectious эндокардит. Clinic, diagnostics, treatment. Indications to hospitalization. GP tactics. Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a megalocardia syndrome, CTI definition.
- Edematous syndrome. Concept. Development mechanisms. Classification. Acute and a chronic. Differential diagnostics with edema of other origin. Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a syndrome Integration seminar (chairs of norms. and stalemate. physiology)
- Edematous syndrome. Sharp and chronic kidney insufficiency. Protein-free edema. Allergic hypostases. GP tactics.
- Articulate syndrome. Arthritis. Arthralgia. Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis. Reactive arthritis. Clinical criteria. Treatment, prevention. GP tactics. Practical skill: assessment of clinical thinking and skills at a syndrome arthritis, arthralgia. Integration seminar (chair of phthisiology and traumatology)
- Urgent conditions in pediatrics. Hyper thermal syndrome. Convulsive syndrome (febrile spasms, epilepsy, spasmophilia). Faint, collapse. GP tactics.
- Urgent conditions in pediatrics. Sharp respiratory insufficiency. Sharp warm insufficiency. Asthmatic status. Throat hypostasis. Foreign matter of respiratory ways. Practical skill: Assistance at a laryngospasm, anaphylactic shock.
20 . OSCE. Assessment of clinical thinking and skills of students on the passable subjects.
Basic Principles of Teaching
The basic principles of training physician – BA is the need for integration, continuity in the teaching of medical and biological sciences. Physician bachelor must understand the issues of care, obstetrics and gynecology and other specialties in the amounts necessary to provide emergency care, especially in an outpatient setting as a medical assistant. To do this:
- Differentiated learning new material based on the integration of previously earned.
- Consistent and gradual transition of learning from simpler to more complex theoretical and clinical material.
- Any form of the disease apart at the bedside with the analysis of the data research.
- To fulfill the indications for conservative and treatment.
- To develop the students ability to continuous clinical thinking.
- Develop students’ independence and sense of responsibility when dealing with patients.
- For continuous monitoring of the quality of student learning in accordance with the objectives and tasks.